This two day Procurement Management training course is designed to enhance the performance of personnel involved in procurement contracts. The course will help participants understand complex contractual terms and conditions in simple English language.
The 2 day interactive workshop will be conducted using a mixture of practical and theory syndicate sessions followed by group discussion. Delegates are encouraged to email or bring contracts which they are familiar with – which can be discussed in the end before closing of the workshop.
The workshop will enable participants to;-
- Understand the principles of Procurement/Contract management
- Examine the business environment to foresee how the supplier/contractor may perform
- Effectively handle claims, variations and disputes
- Examine the steps involved in Pre-Award, Award and Post Award phase.
- Lessons learnt and Best Practices.
Introduction to Contract Management
Contract/Formation of Contracts
Rules of Interpretation of Contract
Contracting Pricing Arrangements
Pre-Contractual Phase: Planning
• Verify the requisition form for goods and services.
• Verify the statement of work
• Choose the appropriate procurement instrument
• Verify the Intellectual Property Considerations
• Develop the procurement strategy
• Review the evaluation criteria
• Develop the solicitation document
• Determine the appropriate contractor selection methodology
• Approval of the procurement process
Contracting phase : Bidding and awarding of contract
• Types of Tender
• Solicit competitive bids
• Sealed Bidding
• Two Step Sealed Bidding
• Respond to inquiries from potential bidders
• Hold Bidders’ Conferences
• Conduct Site Visits
• Evaluate competitive bids
• Award a contract
• Debrief unsuccessful bidders
Contract management phase: After the contract is awarded
• Contract Administration
• Roles and Responsibilities
• Kick off Meetings
• Contract governance
• Variations and Dispute Management
• Contract Close out
• Lessons Learn
• Disputes and Claims.