History books in the future might refer to the 21st century as the beginning of the 4th industrial revolution. Exponential growth in big data; cloud computing, machine learning and Artificial intelligence, Algorithms, Blockchain, the rise of big tech companies and the platform economy, all of these will use personal data. Data about customers, potential customers are now a key asset and often termed as the new oil or gold.
We are in the “information-superhighway” where trade and industry activities are centered on information and the fact that this is owing to the maturity and use of technology.
Important already, but much more in the near future is to protect our privacy by protecting our personal data.
The ISO/IEC 27701:2019 standard for Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) is exactly doing that by setting the standard for protecting our personally identifiable information (PII).
Why should you take this training?
This training program will help you develop a 360-degree understanding of managing personal information in compliance with the evolving regulatory landscape.
The purpose of this training is:
- To provide the candidate with a complete understanding of why privacy program is required;
- To provide the candidates with a complete understanding of privacy by design principles, roles and responsibilities, international data transfers, the rights of the data subjects and implications of data breaches in terms of penalties and liabilities, global legislations on privacy;
- To provide the candidates to understand how organizations can adopt a privacy program by adopting ISO/IEC 27701 PIMS.
Who should attend this training?
This program is open to anyone who wants to better understand the principles of privacy, global privacy legislation, how to design a privacy program for their organizations and or their clients.
This program is ideally suited to those in a variety of job roles including:
- Data Privacy professionals
- Information Security and IT professionals
- Information System and Security Auditors
- Compliance Officers, Legal Counsels
- Designated Data Protection Officers
- Senior Management / Leadership roles
What you will learn in this training?
This training program prepares the candidates to understand the need for Data Privacy Legislation and the global perspective of how these legislations have been impacting both the business and data subjects.
The candidates will go through detailed aspects of what constitutes a privacy program, the privacy principles, the ISO/IEC 27701 PIMS Standard and required organizational structure and how to design and operationalize a sustainable privacy program.
Course duration: 2-days of Learning. (Each day is about 8 hours).
Bloom Level: BL1 and BL2
Defining and understanding Privacy
- Understanding data and information
- Value of information
- Information architecture and management
- Definition of privacy
- Purpose of privacy
- Why does privacy matter?
- Need for privacy legislations
- Global privacy legislations
- The Six privacy principles
Privacy and Information Security
- Definition of Information Security
- Privacy and Information Security
What is Privacy by Design and Privacy by Default
- Understanding Privacy by Design
- Understanding Privacy by Default
- Relationship with Privacy-Enhancing Technologies (PETs)
- Relevance of Privacy by Design
Global Privacy Regulations
Operationalize Privacy by Design with ISO/IEC 27701:2019 standard
- What is ISO/IEC 27701:2019 standard?
- What does the PIMS consists of?
- What challenges does the PIMS address?
- Structure and Clauses of ISO/IEC 27701:2019 standard
- What does the standard helps in establishing?
Personal Data Breaches and Reporting
- What is a personal data breach?
- Example personal data breaches
Fines and penalties of data breach
How you will learn?
This training program is delivered in a classroom or online setting using case study and class exercises that are designed to enhance the participants’ interpretation of privacy.
Candidates, who complete this training program, are suitably prepared to take the 1WCERT Foundation certification exam.
Supporting material for this training:
Candidates will receive an electronic copy (PDF) of the training program slides deck along with classroom notes, case study and sample exam preparation questions.
An integral part of the training material is free 90 days access to our online LMS (Learning Management System).
What are the prerequisites for this training?
For this course, it is desirable that the candidate has basic fundamental working knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System, although it’s not mandatory.
On passing the 1WCERT exam you become, ISO/IEC 27701 Privacy Information Management System Foundation certified.